Here we go.

05 November 2008

The return to normalcy.

Time to get back to living! No more being glued to the television or the internet or to Harper's reading political news! No more hand-wringing and sleepless nights! It's time to focus on my favorite pasttimes like reading (books), traveling, cooking & planning. I need to come up with a big project for me to do.

Speaking of planning, I've already got Thxgiving & Xmas plans underway. This year, Thxgiving will be @ KMHD's house. I will be making the meal, natch, and I will have the luxury of two ovens for my use. What I love about Thxgiving is the potluck we have the next evening with friends -- it's a potluck where you bring your leftovers. I have a chowder recipe that I make only once a year with leftover turkey and it is so so good.

Jonathan Thompson will be here tomorrow! Since he missed by birthday party last Saturday, he baked me a pie of my choice. I opted for sweet potato pie, it's been too long. It should make for an awesome hang out because JT is sweet!

So, I got a new phone. I love it! It makes me feel very important. I like that I can carry a calendar with me at all times now. I have four calendars: my work one, my personal one that I keep at work, one at home, and now my phone. I can't live w/o calendars! If I don't write it down, I will forget. In fact, I forgot that I had a lunch date with some paralegal yesterday. Oops! Anyway, the new phone is part of my *11 point program to get more organized.

Word on the street is that ATM's band Eclipse Glasses is playing WWT next Friday. That's what I hear and my source is pretty reliable. Heh.

Taken yesterday, these sugar skulls got left out in the rain. Sugar melts, honey!:


Songs of the day: Dead Kennedy's California Uber Alles & Holiday In Cambodia, Looking Glass's Brandy

*There is no 11 point program to get more organized, but there should be. Need that intern, man! I wonder if there is a kid in my neighborhood that likes being helpful and is sweet. Is that sick or what?



No comments:

Blog Archive